My Day Out (Part 2)

That afternoon was very sunny and warm!

After the train ride, and an ice cream, (I didn’t get one by the way), it was decided that we would go to see the bigger animals!

This one was enormous!!


Look at the size of him!! Good grief, fancy carrying that shell around every day. Just thinking about it makes me tired!

We carried on walking and we saw some rhinos. Now these are not what anyone could call pretty! And they don’t seem to do much except eat grass.


How do they get that fat just by eating grass? I eat loads of food and snacks and I’m still skinny. They must eat an awful lot of it! This one was in a big field with some zebras. They are just stripy horses I reckon, they smell similar and look the same shape.


We went to see the lions next, but we couldn’t really see them behind the bushes, and the leopards were almost out of sight too up high on a platform. Disappointing, but at least they could hide if they wanted to. I wouldn’t like to be stared at all day either!


The giraffes were out though. They had just been fed and were standing together. They were very tall. I stared at them with my best ‘look at me’ look, but they didn’t even notice me!


Me and Molly got a drink of water from a bowl near the ice cream shop and then for some reason, we all sat down on the grass. I didn’t know why, but I was glad of the rest.


I lay down and had just started dozing off when I heard a really loud voice, which startled me! There was a man stood on the grass holding a big bird! He was talking very loudly.


The bird flew around a bit and landed on his hand. Then it started flying further and further away till it disappeared! Suddenly I felt a rush of wind and it flew right over my head real close! I snapped up at him but he was too fast! I jumped to my feet and pulled on my lead! Dad made me lie back down and Mom held my collar but I kept trying to get up!


The man came closer! I watched that bird like a hawk as it kept swooping low over our heads! I whined and I jumped up and snapped a few times, I nearly got it too, but Mom kept pulling me down!! How frustrating! Other people were watching me and smiling! I don’t understand why!!
Eventually he put the birds away though and I calmed down. That was fun!

As we walked back to the carpark I suddenly realised I was really, really tired. Mom put me in the car and I lay down and immediately fell asleep. I slept like a baby all the way home, and that was the first time I have ever been in the car without getting stressed!

We had a great day out and I can’t wait to go again! Thanks Mom


6 thoughts on “My Day Out (Part 2)

  1. Wow you fell asleep in the car. That’s awesome honey. You relaxed in the car. Maybe I can some day too. Thnx for the end of the story. What a wonderful adventure.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s